Let us know! Email email@example.com We are conducting a study to understand the hosting world better.
Here’s my top 5
- Cost. Yes I can buy a Windows Server Subscription through CSP and save consumption costs by deploying through Azure, but my datacenter costs are consistent and can offer a fixed price point to my customers.
- Confusing. I thought SPLA was confusing, CSP is just a complex. Want CSP Windows Server on prem? You cannot host if you do! Want CSP Incentives? You are better off reading the SPUR, it’s an easier read! Want the new CSP perpetual license? That’s fine, but don’t plan on hosting or having your customer transfer that license into your datacenter. No Software Assurance equals no License Mobility
- Dedicated Infrastructure. With Listed Provider rules, I can offer dedicated hosts and compete with larger hosting companies.
- Local Support. My customers want their data local and with someone they know.
- You can do both. We can offer E3 plans or Windows 10 to my end users through CSP, but use SPLA for infrastructure solutions for my financial customer or ISV solutions.
What do you think? Bad list? Good list? Anything additional?
Stay tuned for reasons to do CSP over SPLA in my next post. Here’s a hint…compliance.
Thanks for reading,