Happy New Year to all my followers, partners, and readers. It has definitely been a year of transformation for Microsoft and the cloud community. 2017 has also been a big year for SPLAlicensing.com. Here are some of the highlights of 2017 and upcoming announcements for 2018!
- SPLAlicensing.com had over 150k unique visitors in 2017. To put this in perspective, I had 3k visitors in 2014. Which I guess is good but bad that there’s some much confusion over licensing.
- The number one topic with the most views? “How to License Exchange”
- Microsoft announced major price increases in 2018 (starting February for January usage)
- Not all SPLA Resellers are created equal. Make sure your pricing is accurate. You can email email@example.com to review.
- I am creating a forum and easy to read white papers for SPLAlicensing.com. If you have any recommendations or topics let us know. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Microsoft is transforming SPLA to CSP. Surprise! Many resources are moving away from SPLA to focus on Azure. SPLAlicensing.com will not be 100% Microsoft focused but cloud focused. (including Google, AWS, and other publishers).
- I am launching a charity called “Mow Down Cancer” to help families with their lawn care and other household needs while their child is going through cancer treatments.
- Last, my family bought a cat in 2017. I think I would rather read the SPUR than deal with a cat (although she has grown on me). The things we do for our kids. Maybe I should go by “Cat Man”.
Thanks for reading and here’s to a prosperous 2018!