If you were THE Microsoft SPLA MGR in charge of the entire program, what would you change to help grow the SPLA business? (more importantly, YOUR SPLA business) If you have multiple that’s ok.
Here’s a list from a colleague to get you started:
- Allow Windows Desktop OS to be included in the unlimited virtualization rights of Windows Server DC
- Allow MSDN to have License Mobility Rights.
- Remove the SharePoint Enterprise SALs additive requirement. Just make Enterprise more expensive.
- Create cores for Excel and Access for ISV’s.
- Expand the Productivity Suite and have O365 equivalents to align with O365 pricing.
- Bring back SQL Enterprise SALs.
- Add Power BI as a product
- Reduce Office SPLA pricing!
- Have the resellers require an End Customer Enrollment for deploying customer owned hardware, and open it up to include Windows PC’s.
- Bring better clarity to RDS licensing.
- Create a better way for Microsoft field reps to get credit for SPLA consumption.
You can tweet me at @SPLA_man or send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for reading,