Why I think SPLA will not go away:
- Service Providers can differentiate. You are independent from the publisher and have unique set of offerings. The hybrid cloud, dedicated cloud, local support are all compelling to the end user.
- Warren Buffett – “Price is what you pay…value is what you get.” There’s a lot of truth in that when it comes to the hosting world. Other large providers and vendors may cut pricing, but is the price really worth it?
- You own your datacenter and no one can take that away.
- SPLA licensing rules are complex. What’s even more complex is CSP.
- SPLA is a great revenue stream for the channel. The hosting provider, Azure, and AWS all win.
- The world needs more SPLA. Don’t hate the SPLA Man.
Thanks for reading,