As 2015 comes to a close, I thought I would make some predictions for 2016. Do you think I will be right?
- Software Assurance will be the key question to ask your customers.
- Microsoft will launch a SPLA tool to help track SPLA licenses
- Windows will be licensed by cores and maybe System Center will too.
- There will also be a 8 core minimum per processor for prediction # 3.
- Windows Server will have mobility rights.
- Windows 10 will have VDI rights for Azure
- There will be no changes for SQL
- Microsoft will audit companies hosting 3rd party applications but not under SPLA. Talking to you Kcura and EMR hosters.
- There will be price increases announced during the year.
- SPLAlicensing.com will add more articles than ever before.
I am a betting man (not really) and I would wager 90% of what was mentioned above will come true. Any takers? It’s a sure bet because some already came true.
Thanks for reading,
December 17, 2015 at 7:29 am
I think you right !
thks for your good website
February 2, 2016 at 5:36 am
Hey, SPLA man!
Do you know how MS are coming along with number 2 -Microsoft will launch a SPLA tool to help track SPLA licenses?
– Or if there are any alternative tools that do the same thing?
I’m desperate for something to scan my lan and tell me what i need to report rather than trying to keep track via a spreadsheet
February 21, 2016 at 3:47 pm
Haven’t heard my friend. There are alternative tools. Email me and we can review it